Re: [amibroker] exits in portfolio test mode

> I'm unclear about one thing:
>
> if a stock that's already hold long now get sold short, does that
> automatically close out the long position too? does the checkbox in settings
> still effect this?

Given security can either be short or long, so long position for given security
is closed when you enter short.

The setting "Reverse signal causes exit' affect REGULAR mode only
where there are separate buy/sell/short/cover signals, but they are
ignored in ranking mode.

In ranking mode we have got only rank that can be either positive (long)
or negative (short).  So you can not have long and short open at the same
time for single security.

> it seems like portfolio mode would have to always close opposing positions,
Yes of course.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com