[amibroker] Re: Potential new formula ?

Dimitris :

The formula was for a confirmation of an up-trend. The reverse would
be for a downtrend (short) A few things to expand upon this formula
for the long side -

1- All three lines should have postive slope
2- the lines should be relatively parallel and spread apart almost
evenly
3-dont' care if price drops below 20 day simple moving average, it
may happen occasionally
4 - if 20 day SMA slopes or gets flat, market or stock
has likely topped
5- you are interested in the scope, the differential, and the
positioning of the SMA relative to price.
6 - the price will tell you something has changed in the trend

Once 20 day SMA tops out and crosses thru 35 SMA, trend is usually
over. This works best in a trending market (obviously), and many
times stocks have NO trend so I would not even bother with those to
begin with. A good example of this is would be CHN or TDF on the NYSE.
Or the mutual fund TBHYX (pioneer high yield) This also tells you
when NOT to trade ro sell. You will never catch the top or bottom,
but you can make great mnoeny in between. This cane also be wused on
the weekly for larger scale trends as well.

regards,

jgcbruegge

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>