Re: [amibroker] Re: Portfolio trading

Hello,

First - there is a neat help feature built into new portfolio report, just hover your mouse
over the field name (like Recovery Factor) and you will see the description
displayed in the tooltip.

So from the report:

> 1. What is the Recovery Factor towards the end of the report? How to
> interpret that?
Recovery Factor is Net profit divided by Max. system drawdown
Describes system's ability to recover from losses. Should be more than 1.
If it is close to 2 or better - the the system is great

> 2. In one of my tests, I got following in the reports window -
>
> Annual return % 56.18 % 105.41 % -1.#J %
>
> Not sure what that last number is. May be a bug?

The last number is infinity. Apparently you had no short trades
that's why you got this. In future versions it will be replaced by N/A.

> 3. Is plotting equity supposed to work? What gets plotted is not
> really what's in the detailed report generated. May be it plots the
> last backtested equity? Not sure...
Yes it works and it is PORTFOLIO equity and it matches report.
Please note that default portfolio equity chart shows:
- the portfolio equity
- linear regression of portfolio equity
- cash available in account (the remaining is invested in securities)
- drawdown
- bars since last equity peak

The chart can be modified because it is available as custom indicator
(in IB window: Built-in: "Portfolio Equity" )

Please re-check if it does not match: send me the log (you can export
it using "Export" button) and send me your ~~~EQUITY ticker.

> Suggestions
> -----------
>
> 1. In the detail log, it would be nice to have a percent of
> profit/loss, next to the number.
OK.

> 2. If you close the report without saving it, its essentially lost
> unless you rerun the test. Would be nice to be able to see it again
> without re-running, but not a big deal.
Of course it will be done that way. First version is just raw and I
did not focus on such details.

> 3. Repeat from last post. Would be nice to be able to plot trade
> arrows.
At some point this will be added.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko