class=382485602-28092003>thanks, sounds like I should check it
out.
<SPAN
class=382485602-28092003>
<SPAN
class=382485602-28092003>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
>For
  #10, Kaufman is refering to the notion that the majority (68%) of the
  range of parameters should be profitable.  In a map of parameter
  values & associated returns, you want to see a plateau instead of
  just spikes.  Check out the 3D optimization spreadsheet in the Files
  section.Also, the order of parameters is crucial because you
  should test the most importanat variables first, i.e. the ones that cause
  the largest changes in your results.  Focus on those first and then
  on the less important onesYes, the book is excellent, not just for
  the robustness section.  I haven't read his other trading system book
  yet though so I don't know if there are
similarities.HB