  >From:
  nkis22
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003
  16:23
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: McClellan
  Summation and SAR Indicator
  Ken,where do you download $ADV and $DECL
  from?nand--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve
  Almond" <steve2@x...> wrote:>
  Ken,> > Here it is. See messages around 48291.>
  >  > a=Foreign("$ADV","C");> >
  d=Foreign("$DECL","C");> > t5=EMA((a-d)/(a+d),39);>
  > t10=EMA((a-d)/(a+d),19);> > Summ =
  1000*((t10-t5)-(10*t10)+(20*t5));> > Plot(Summ,"Summation
  NYSE",1,1); > > > > Steve>
  Ken Close >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  >   Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003
  03:24>   Subject: [amibroker] McClellan Summation and SAR
  Indicator> > >   Sid/anyone:  what is the
  "Ratio adjusted" summation index and how does>   its
  calculation differ from the Index that is not ratio adjusted??>
  >   I came upon an interesting indicator (actually a pair of
  indicators),>   and I am trying to get them programmed
  into AB in order to do some>   backtesting.  You have to
  go to stockcharts.com to see it...> >   <A
  href="">http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$NASI,uu[l,a]daclynay[dd][ph>
  .02,.20][iLah12,26,9]&pref=G> >   Cut and paste
  into your address window if the email line gets word>
  wrapped.> >   This URL to stockcharts will show the
  $NASI and SAR of the $NASI.  That>   in itself looks
  promising but the chart also shows the 12,26,9 MACD.>
  Based on the way stockcharts works, this MACD is of the $NASI.>
  >   I have an AFL for the Summation index, and I applied the
  SAR to it...so>   far so good.  But when I plot a
  12/26/9 MACD of my version of the>   Summation index, it does
  not match the MACD on the stockcharts>   chart--not by a
  mile.> >   So, hence my question about "ratio
  adjusted".  Also, the y axis values>   on my chart
  are not anywhere near those on the SCharts chart (having
  no>   doubt to do with the constant that starts the series),
  but the SHAPE>   seems very close if not identical.
  So a related question is: will the>   MACD function
  produce the correct looking histogram if the EMAs which
  go>   into its calculation are off of a similarly shaped
  chart, but one with>   different y axis values?>
  >   That sounds confusing even as I write it, but perhaps you
  will>   understand what I mean.> >
  Any comments?> >   Ken> >
  -----Original Message----->   From: Sidney Kaiser
  [mailto:s9kaiser@xxxx] >   Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003
  8:04 PM>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: McClellan Summation> >
  Most people just add a "fudge factor" to the summation  value until
  it >   matches the vendor they use for some specific
  date...like today.  It>   should
  >   continue to match in the future if you use the same
  advance decline>   values >   that the
  vendor uses.  Many vendors try to compensate for
  preferred>   stocks, >   ADRs, bond type
  closed end funds, foreign issues etc so there are many
  >   values of the summation index floating around out
  there.>   HTH>   Sid> >

  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

  ADVERTISEMENT>

  >        >