Re: [amibroker] McClellan Summation and SAR Indicator

The ratio adjusted index is used to retain historical trigger levels like
"more than x level means yyy" type of thing.  Twenty years ago or so there
were ~1500 mostly common stocks traded on the NYSE.  Today we have ~3500
issues traded there with a large number of issues other than US common
stocks. You can use a ratio of the present # of issues divided by some
historical # of issues like 1500 to adjust the advancing and declining
numbers used to calculate the MCO and MCS.  This keeps the interpretation
of numeric levels more or less consistent with past research.

As I mentioned some people also adjust for those non common stocks as well
as ratio adjustments.

Sid