[amibroker] Re: Fractal or profituity addons

Actually "Avg" is incorrect because Avg = h+l+c/3.  What you want is
Average = (h+l)/2.  Then replace "A" with "Average".  I verified this
with Investor's Dream itself.

Also the fractal calculation is incomplete. A fractal can be formed
by more than 5 bars.  However, I don't know how you would code it in
AFL, since it requires checking and eliminating consecutive same
highs.

I read the books on triplescreen (Come Into My Trading Room) and the
alligator system (New Trading Dimensions), but am not convinced that
they work as described in the books.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ron Morton" <mortonr003@xxxx>
wrote:
> Great!  Thanks for the help, will try this and see if it works for
me.
> ron

indicators in the library indicating that the "A" needs to be changed
to "Avg" to keep this error from happening.

>   I also provided an quick instruction as to how to build a screen
with four indicators that approximates the screen that was attached
showing the Alligator, AC+, AO+, and StoRsi with OBV().  My personal
screen has a fifth indicator showing a different indicator which
shows accumulation very much like the OBV() but a little different.

>   Steve
>

>   Steve
>
>   At 01:45 PM 8/16/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>

>     Ron
>
>     "A" needs to be changed to Avg.  Tomasz removed the use of "A"
as average a while ago, now it is Avg.

>     There are three places to change in most indicators.  Just
change those and it will be OK

>     Steve
>
>     At 07:17 AM 8/16/2003 -1000, you wrote:
>

>       Steve,
>       I tried downloading the afl code that you had posted and I
get the following error in line 12 that the variable A has not been
initialized, as a non-programming type person, how do I initialize
the variable so that the code works?  Are all of the screen shots in
your post from the "Williams Alligator File" that you posted or are
there other files that I would need as I have been playing around
with some fractal analysis lately and find it very intriguing.
>       ron
>
>     Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>     Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>     Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx