[amibroker] Re: Nasdaq pullback system

Hi,

Is there any reason why you just go long on a pullback and not short
on a rally?

In my opinion, a system should be able to trade both sides of the
market with equal accuracy before I would consider it robust.

According to this Nasdaq pullback system, a speculator must buy when
the price is high to make it go higher (and sell when it is low to
make it go lower?).  In this way the variations in prices will be
higher than they would otherwise be.  But this means buying high (and
selling low for a robust system), which is a sure recipe for a quick
exit from any speculative game.

If speculators are to make a profit, they must buy when the price is
low and sell when the price is high, thereby forcing it to move
towards the average price and consequently forcing the volatality to
revert to mean.  In this way speculators will dampen variations in
price and thereby stabilize the market.

To be destabilizing, speculation will, in general have to result in
losses.

With destabilizing speculation we expect variations in prices to be
larger than they would otherwise be.  Profitable speculation
involving buying high and selling low should however, reduce
variability.

However, special circumstances can be established whereby
destabilizing speculation can be profitable.  For account of these,
see Robert M. Stern, The Balance of Payments, Aldine Publishing
Company, Chicago, 1973.

Regards,

Pal

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511