[amibroker] Re: storing fundamentals and other data for each stock

TJ,

After modifying the value of a field (say OpenInt), does anything
have to be done to make it persistent in the DB? For example, I tried
following experiment as an exploration on a single stock, and it did
modify the OI value, but if I exit AB and reload, its lost. I
explicitly tried "Save Database" as well, but that also didn't help...

---------------
Filter = False;
AddColumn(C, "C");

ticker = Name();

EnableScript("jscript");

<%
  AB = AFL.CreateObject("Broker.Application");
  quotes = AB.Stocks(AFL("ticker")).Quotations();
  for( i = 0; i < AFL("BarCount"); i++ ) {
    quote = quotes(i);
    quote.OpenInt = 500;
  }
  AB.RefreshAll();
%>
---------------

TIA,

Jitu

> Hello,
>
> If you are using Quotes Plus via plugin you can get most of
fundamentals
> using GetExtraData function:
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=GETEXTRADATA
>

> > - is there any way to fill AB's Financial Results data from
QuotesPlus data?
> Not yet, but use GetExtraData instead.
>

> > - is there any way to make use of AB's Financial Results data
with AFL? can
> > it be used in indicators or backtests?
>
> Yes. All fundamentals are accessible via AMiBroker OLE interface,
> see properties of Stock object (Automation Object model section of
the guide),
> as you can access OLE from scripting,
> you can access them from AFL.
>
> Example:
>
> EnableScript("jscript");
>
> ticker=Name();
>
> <%
>
> AB = AFL.CreateObject("Broker.Application");
>
> AFL("income1")=AB.Stocks(AFL("ticker")).FinanceIncome(0);
>
> AFL("income2")=AB.Stocks(AFL("ticker")).FinanceIncome(1);
>
> AFL("income3")=AB.Stocks(AFL("ticker")).FinanceIncome(2);
>
> AFL("income4")=AB.Stocks(AFL("ticker")).FinanceIncome(3);
>
> %>
>
> AddColumn(income1, "Income 1st quarter" );
>
> AddColumn(income2, "Income 2nd quarter" );
>
> AddColumn(income3, "Income 3rd quarter" );
>
> AddColumn(income4, "Income 4th quarter" );
>
> Filter=BarIndex()==BarCount-1;
>

> > - is there any way to set AB's Financial Results data
procedurally using
> > AFL?
>

> Yes, the same way as shown above (properties of Stock object are
writable)

> > - is there any other place within AB we can store custom data for
a specific
> > stock? ideally it would be per day, but a way to do that per
stock over all
> > bars would be better than nothing.
>
> You can re-use existing fields (including OpenInt that is not used
for stocks),
> or you can use artifical ticker for that (say MSFT-DATA).
>
> It is also possible to write a data plugin that will allow that.
>
> >   I know we can store it in our own files outside AB, and I know
we can
> > create pseudo-tickers to hold this kind of data. I'm wondering if
it can be
> > done within AB itself. if not, I'd like to formally make a
feature request
> > for user-defined fields that hold data per stock per bar.
>
> One day this will be added but right now I am working on backtester
enhancements.

> Hope this helps.
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko