RE: [amibroker] Any AFL gurus?

<SPAN
class=857372113-19092003>hi, sorry to butt in offering being any help, but I'm
interested in how you're creating and reading these external parameter files.
could you provide some details?
<SPAN
class=857372113-19092003>
<SPAN
class=857372113-19092003>also, when you say you only need to read them when
a new symbol is added, that must mean you're putting the data you read somewhere
within AB's universe, like in a composite maybe, or somewhere else,
yes?
<SPAN
class=857372113-19092003>
<SPAN
class=857372113-19092003>I've wondered about using the Open Interest field for a
custom parameter I calculate for each stock. is it possible for AFL code to
write data into an existing quote on an existing stock? has anyone done anything
like this? I'd love to see some examples.
<SPAN
class=857372113-19092003>
<SPAN
class=857372113-19092003>thanks,
<SPAN
class=857372113-19092003>
<SPAN
class=857372113-19092003>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
>Has
  anyone tried to write AFL code which will only executed once each time it
  detects a new symbol just entered?  For example:I have external
  parameter files for each symbol.  I only need to read in these
  parameters once using JScript for each new symbol
entered.TIA