Re: [amibroker] Amiquote data downloads

Yuki,

Amiquote offers 4 different data suppliers (plus current days updates from
Yahoo!). Quality wise they all seem to have pluses and minuses. It took me a
hefty days work to establish a database I was happy with.

Some of the steps I took:

1. download the entire US stocks (using the file from AB site).
2. eliminate (using Scan or Explorer) all stocks below $1 on
1/1/2000.
3. eliminate also all stocks which drop below $0.50 at any time (gets rid
of a lot of the errors picked up by Database purity).
4.eliminate all stocks where C*MA(V,21) was below $500,000 on
1/1/2000.
5. Chug through the remaining errors from DP. If necessary eliminate stocks
which are questionable.
Etc.
Etc.

I ended up with a watchlist which seems pretty clean (not up to Chuck's
standards, but OK for me).

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE