[amibroker] Re: Time Frames - Time Segmented Volume

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxx> wrote:
> I would like to develop a volume indicator that displays %up / % dn
volume for individual stocks in real time.

> Want to examine 1 min volume bars and aacumulate the data for longer
time frame plots.

> Need to know how to determine what point in time it is at all times.
>
> Example: If I am in a 5 minute time frame, would like to know if the
current 5 min bar is on the min #1, #2.. etc so the 5 min bar can be
reconstructed prperly.

> Is there a way to determine this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ara

Havn't tried that in AB (have similar in MetaStock) but could you use
the NOW function reference?  This would give you the current system
time which could be compared to the bar interval time.

For example, I have a code to determine average volume per minute
using 30 minute bars.  It determines the "elapsed minutes of current
30 minute bar" as,

Lastminute = 100.0*frac(int(Now(4)/100.0)/100.0);
BarMin = IIf(Lastminute>=0 && Lastminute<30,Lastminute,Lastminute-30);

PS  (It appears the math in the first line could be simplified.  Not
sure why the author (me) did it that way at the time.)

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20. Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM