RE: [amibroker] Re: Big time problem with trade exit.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Uncheck the 2 options you describe at the end and see what
happens.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Keith Bennett
  [mailto:kbennett@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 3:14
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Big time problem with trade exit.Thanks Dave, and
  it's probably me doing the misunderstanding.A long position may span
  many days. If, at any time, the LOW is below MyLongStop then exit the
  trade at the next day open - otherwise remain in the trade until the next
  Sell signal.Similarly, a short position may also span many days. If,at
  any time, the HIGH is above MyShortStop etc. etc.The stops are
  intended to limit losses to 5% although the actual loss may be more or
  less because the Low/High isn't known until eod.As you can see below,
  I have been trying to achieve this using ApplyStop but I seem to be
  looking into the future.Hope it's clear and if you, or anyone, have
  any suggestions they would be appreciated.Keith--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
  wrote:> uh, that was supposed to be "sorry if *I* missed the
  point...> > dave>   I'm probably
  misunderstanding something basic here, but why not skip the>
  buy>   in that case, instead of entering it and exiting later
  the same day? in>   other words, add the condition
  Ref(Low, -1) > MyStop to the buy condition.>
  >   or are you trying to make a profit on that partial day
  when this sequence>   happens?>
  >   sorry if you missed the point...>
  >   dave> >   > It would be nice
  to exit longs at the open if you knew your stops>   >
  would be hit later in the day. That seems to be what I'm doing
  with>   > the following illustrative
  code.>   >>   > Cl =
  Foreign("QQQ","Close");>   >
  BuyPrice=SellPrice=ShortPrice=CoverPrice=Open;>   >
  SetTradeDelays(1,1,1,1);>   >
  ApplyStop(stopTypeLoss,stopModePercent,5,True);>   > Buy =
  Cross(EMA(Cl,5),MA(Cl,15));>   > Sell =
  Cross(MA(Cl,15),EMA(Cl,5));>   >
  Equity(1);>   > Short = Sell; Cover =
  Buy;>   > Equity(1);>
  >>   > What I'm trying to do is to trade QQQ at the
  open as called by my Buy>   > & Sell conditions,
  but to exit the trade at the open if the previous>   >
  day's low was below my stop, and then wait for the next trade
  signal.>   >>   > The 1/7/03 long
  position (with a 5% StopLoss) was closed at the open>
  > on 1/21/03 but the stop wasn't hit until later that same day
  :-(>   >>   > Does anyone know how I
  should change the code so that it activates>   > the
  stop based on the prior day's bar?>
  >>   > I have the range set for 01/01/02 to 09/12/03.
  In Settings I>   > have "Activate stops immediately" and
  "Allow same day exit" checked.>   > I'm using eod
  data.>   >>   > KeithSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.