RE: [amibroker] Big time problem with trade exit.

<FONT face="Courier New" color=#0000ff
size=2>uh, that was supposed to be "sorry if *I* missed the
point...
<FONT face="Courier New" color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face="Courier New" color=#0000ff
size=2>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE

  I'm probably
  misunderstanding something basic here, but why not skip the buyin that
  case, instead of entering it and exiting later the same day? inother
  words, add the condition Ref(Low, -1) > MyStop to the buy
  condition.or are you trying to make a profit on that partial day when
  this sequencehappens?sorry if you missed the
  point...dave> It would be nice to exit longs at the open if
  you knew your stops> would be hit later in the day. That seems to be
  what I'm doing with> the following illustrative code.>>
  Cl = Foreign("QQQ","Close");>
  BuyPrice=SellPrice=ShortPrice=CoverPrice=Open;>
  SetTradeDelays(1,1,1,1);>
  ApplyStop(stopTypeLoss,stopModePercent,5,True);> Buy =
  Cross(EMA(Cl,5),MA(Cl,15));> Sell = Cross(MA(Cl,15),EMA(Cl,5));>
  Equity(1);> Short = Sell; Cover = Buy;>
  Equity(1);>> What I'm trying to do is to trade QQQ at the open
  as called by my Buy> & Sell conditions, but to exit the trade at
  the open if the previous> day's low was below my stop, and then wait
  for the next trade signal.>> The 1/7/03 long position (with a 5%
  StopLoss) was closed at the open> on 1/21/03 but the stop wasn't hit
  until later that same day :-(>> Does anyone know how I should
  change the code so that it activates> the stop based on the prior day's
  bar?>> I have the range set for 01/01/02 to 09/12/03. In
  Settings I> have "Activate stops immediately" and "Allow same day exit"
  checked.> I'm using eod data.>>
Keith