[amibroker] Re: FILTER questions.

Its a great concept, but I
can see what you mean. The only way that I can see around this would be for you
to edit and correct each entry, ultimately you are responsible for
this particular area and I know this is a big ask. I fully agree that each of
the additions would need to be fully vetted but as you say how to do!

The idea of having it ALL in
one easy to get at area is the way to go, having another document floating
around would not be as effective.

I'll keep thinking about it too
and maybe some others have some suggestions.

Regards,William Peters<A
href="">www.amitools.com
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Tomasz Janeczko
[mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx]Sent: September 14, 2003 11:02
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
Re: FILTER questions.
William,

This idea was already implemented in AFL on-line function
reference
<A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/
(See "Comments" section for example:
<A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=EQUITY
)

For some months there was a "Add comment" edit field and
button that allowed
to add comments. Unfortunatelly some people starting to ask
questions that way
thinking that this is a user forum, while the intention was to
allow people to
expand existing docs.
Asking questions there was a problem because:
- there was no notification mechanism so I was not aware
if/when question was asked
- sometimes various people answered with invalid answers and
this has created confusion
(there is nothing worse than misleading docs)

When I have been reviewing the database of entries I had to
delete some misleading
comments because this database is used to create AFL funciton
reference in actual guide
and information has to be correct. After fixing many entries
manually I decided to turn this feature OFF.

Now I am wondering how to turn this ON again
but in
a 'safe' way so comments submissions are correct.

Best regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com
<BLOCKQUOTE