Re: [amibroker] Re: Optimize function

From: "leonardot19" <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>leo.timmermans@xxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 3:38
PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Optimize
function

> Bill,> > Maybe I misunderstand the
question but if you just fill in the > RangeFromDate and the RangeToDate,
wouldn't that optimize just that > period ?

I don't know.
However, I am not using Optimize in AA but in a formula for charting in IB,
and AA might work differently.  In the case of IB, looking at the
function definition I do not see arguments for Optimize that would restrict
it from looking at all data.  To be sure, once optimization is
completed one can look at the results in different time windows.  But
optimization for a full dataset and for a subset will in general not be the
same.  <FONT color=#800000
size=2>>
> Regards> Leo> > --- In <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"wavemechanic" <<FONT
size=2>wd78@x...> wrote:>
> It is my understanding that the Optimize function operates on all >
data.  So,> > for example, if one is looking at equity for a
portion of the data > (e.g.,> > Equity(0, 1, 100) Optimize
still operates on all data.  Does > anyone have a> >
work-around that will force Optimize to only consider a specified > range
of> > data?> > > > Thanks.> > >
> Bill> > > > ------------------------ Yahoo!
Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill
Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark> Printer at Myinks.com. Free
s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<FONT
size=2>> <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM<FONT
size=2>>
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->>
> Send BUG REPORTS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send
SUGGESTIONS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html<FONT
size=2> > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
<FONT
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
size=2> > >