From: gillesdeprez [mailto:gillesdeprez@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 12 September 2003 5:44 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Graham again( was AFL help...)

Graham, You're right, that's not the problem, but...can you
express :Cond3 = Flip(Cond1,Cond2);in english?
Well, french would do even better, but :o)
Something obviously is missing in my brain, but I can't see the
relationship between this line and the crossings that are sooo easy
to see on a graph....
Thanks for your patience, I owe you a couple of bbelgian) beers! Gilles
> Gilles
> Sorry the 50 should have been 0, slip of the keys, or brain If you
> want to find where the macd crosses below the signal line as
first
> instance after macd moves above zero
> I made a little mistake in my hasty scribblings, just checked and
this
> should give you that condition
> Hopefully I have interpreted correctly
>
> Cond1 = Cross(MACD(),0);
> Cond2 = Cross(Signal(),MACD());
> Cond3 = Flip(Cond1,Cond2);
> Filter = Cond2 AND Ref(Cond3,-1); AddColumn(Cond2,"close",1.3);
>
> If you want to find either the above or just Cond2 then
> Cond1 = Cross(MACD(),0);
> Cond2 = Cross(Signal(),MACD());
> Cond3 = Flip(Cond1,Cond2);
> Cond4 = Cond2 AND Ref(Cond3,-1);
> Filter = Cond4 or Cond2;
> AddColumn(Cond2,"close",1);
> AddColumn(Cond4,"close",1);
>
> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
> http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

I 've
> read what I found about "flip", well I'm not electrician...In
> this particular case, how I see it is:
> or MACD line crosses above 50( where is this 50 coming from??),
then
> it results a (1)-and if not, then maybe MACD line crosses below
MACD
> signal: one out of two conditions are enough to give a positive
> result (1) , if both are false then it results in a (0);
> Damn, I'm not too sure to understand myself what I'm writing... And
I still
> don't see any relationship with the condition I try to
> write, it may be there but I just can't see it...
> Can you help? :o(
> Friendly,
> Gilles
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote: