[amibroker] Programming mind (WAS) Different curency databases . . .

Side note, William,

WP> if (GetDatabaseName() == "XYZ")

This seems so easy -- so very bloody easy that it is *extremely*
frustrating that I could not come up with it myself.  Perhaps these
things are only easy in retrospect -- at least I hope so.  I never
really thought of myself as mentally challenged until I started using
this software.  ^_^  I knew of this function, but a practical use for
it simply eluded me. This is true of any large number of AFL
functions. ^^_^^

The AFL reference is simply not all that much help for minds that are
not accustomed to programming, I think.  Here is what it says about
this function:

SYNTAX  GetDatabaseName()
RETURNS STRING
FUNCTION  retrieves the name of the database - the last part (folder) of the database path
EXAMPLE
SEE ALSO

And this was from the updated/extended version online.

Okay, it retrieves the name of the database.  Whatever would I ever
want to use that capability for?  ^^_^^  Now I know, of course.

My point here is that this function was included into the AFL
language for a reason.  The developer (TJ) had a notion of
specifically what this might be used for, and it turns out to be very
handy indeed for this situation that I have recently come across. Yet
NO notion of any specific practical way that this function might be
used is included in the AFL language reference, at least none that I
can find.  There is some kind of thought bridge here that programmers
can easily cross, and non-programmers (at least this non-programmer)
cannot.

A specific example of practical usage should be given for AFL
functions in the reference, I think.  These examples should be
written in NON-PROGRAMMING prose. ^_^ They should be the antithesis
of Linux MAN pages.  They should take little grasshoppers like me and
lead them to discovering practical usages for the function.

I would be willing to help anyone that would like to work on this
type of project.  I'm afraid, though, that my contribution would be
limited to cleaning up the wording, and making it clear.  And also,
if I can understand it, it's probably a great filter for 'ready' or
'not ready'.

Yuki