Re: [amibroker] The low down on Yahoo . . . and on AmiQuote (Tomasz)?

From: "Yuki Taga" <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 5:35
AM
Subject: [amibroker] The low down on Yahoo . . . and
on AmiQuote (Tomasz)?

> Seems Yahoo data is variable, depending on the
time of day (at times> there are a lot of missing, later it's all there
-- surprises me it> either isn't there at all, or is all there). Anyone
know how long> after US closing one should wait to expect the best chance
of having> to download only once? (With Download Quotes and the Japan
market, I> have to wait precisely 3 1/2 hours after closing to get the
data,> which I'm not too crazy about.)

With respect to historical quotes,
you can figure out what it going on by monitoring Yahoo's historical quote
page.  By doing this you will then see when they are available and can
adjust your schedule accordingly.  This is usually about 5-6 hours after
the market closes.  Current quotes are delayed by 20 minutes and are more
error prone because the data is not being cleaned up for bad
tics.
> Also, regarding AmiQuote: I may have a special
need, Tomasz, but I'm> not sure.  The problem is that I'm
significantly ahead of US time;> not just hours, but a calender day most
of the time as well,> certainly at the time I'd like to D/L US data. So
when I ask AQ to> get the quotes for me, it wants to look into the future
apparently.> > I can set the dates, I guess, but they don't seem
'sticky'.> > Also, when I press the 'start download' button, or
chose that item> from the file menu, nothing seems to happen.  I
seem to have to> launch via AB, or else hit the 'Auto Update AB Database'
from the> tool bar.  All of this with AB open to the correct
database, BTW.> > Moreover, when I do a daily update, it
apparently sets AQ to> 'Historical' instead of 'Current'.  That
seems to work, however, but> it also seems strange.> >
Yuki> > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
---------------------~-->> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your
HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark> Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders
$50 or more to the US & Canada. <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<FONT
size=2>> <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM<FONT
size=2>>
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->>
> Send BUG REPORTS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send
SUGGESTIONS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html<FONT
size=2> > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
<FONT
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
size=2> > >