RE: [amibroker] Re: books on investing

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Dave,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
IMO,
the Pardo book is excellent, albeit a bit basic for a majority of people on
this list.   A great starting point, however.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Dave Merrill
  [mailto:dmerrill@xxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 8:04
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Re: books on investing
  <SPAN
  class=981255811-09092003>is anyone familiar with 'Design, Testing, and
  Optimization of Trading Systems' by Robert Pardo? more than specific trading
  strategies, I'm looking for general approaches to distinguishing tuning from
  over-optimization, and statistically significant performance improvements from
  those that aren't.
  <SPAN
  class=981255811-09092003>
  <SPAN
  class=981255811-09092003>thanks,
  <SPAN
  class=981255811-09092003>
  <SPAN
  class=981255811-09092003>dave
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Andrew,
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>I'm flattered that you would be interested in knowing my favourite
    five investment books.   I started to edit my list of books
    and found it difficult to get down to five.   I ended up with
    eight that I offer here in purely alphabetical order by
    author:
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>

    Boucher, Mark <SPAN
    class=155062210-09092003>
    The Hedge Fund Edge
    Chande, Tushar <SPAN
    class=155062210-09092003>
    The New Technical Trader
    Fosback, Norman G, <SPAN
    class=155062210-09092003>
    Stock Market Logic
    Grinold, Richard C. <SPAN
    class=155062210-09092003>
    Active Portfolio Management
    Kaufman, Perry <SPAN
    class=155062210-09092003>
    Trading Systems and Methods
    LeBeau, Chuck <SPAN
    class=155062210-09092003>        <SPAN
    class=155062210-09092003>    Computer Analysis of the
    Futures Market
    O'Shaughnessy, James P. <SPAN
    class=155062210-09092003>
    Invest Like the Best
    O'Shaughnessy, James P. <SPAN
    class=155062210-09092003>
    What Works on Wall Street
    <BLOCKQUOTE
    >ChuckThanks
      for the lead to Columbine Capital Services, I'm presently making my
      way thru their excellent & FREE material.  I notice you also
      give us a lead on one of your favorite investment books.
      Wondering if you wouldn't mind giving out a list of your top 5
      favorites.  I'd be very interested in the opinions of someone
      with  obvious extensive experience such as
      yourself.ThanksAndrew--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
      "Chuck Rademacher" <chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:> To those
      of you interested in how IBD calculates its rankings...> > I
      cannot get to the books and documents that I need in order to quote
      the> exact methodology.     However, the news
      is not all bad:> > 1.  The primary book that contains
      that information is "The Hedge Fund Edge"> by Mark
      Boucher.   I can think of dozens of reasons why this is one
      of my> favourite books and I urge you to have a look at it when you
      have some time.Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.