[amibroker] Re: Yahoo update anomalies and CSI lists

Gerard and Yuki:

I would be cautious about building a database for backtesting using
the current list of memembers in the N100 or SP500. Such a database
would be fine for getting picks for actual trades, but it could give
misleading results in back tests due to the look ahead bias.

If you are interested in a fuller list of current AMEX, NASDAQ, and
NYSE stocks try this link.

http://www.csidata.com/csi/exchangelist/index.html

These lists should be very close to what Yahoo has available. My
understanding (which could be wrong at this point) is that Yahoo
gets is historical data from CSI and its intraday data from Reuters.

Now the CSI lists (and Yahoo data), as is the case for virtually all
data providers, will have a "survivorship" bias.

CSI gives subsribers the ability to get data for "inactive" as well
as active stocks and thus remove the survivorship bias. Be warned,
getting the "inactive" data into a usable format for importing into
AB is not an easy task.

CSI also provides actual as well as split prices for the stocks.