RE: [amibroker] US stocks database using Yahoo free quotes

If you
are using Outlook v10 with SP1 installed and you are not attached to an Exchange
Server then you have no control over this feature.  Since the introduction
of SP1 Microsoft has decided that users are too stupid to understand that
attachments are dangerous and has automatically restricted access to these
files.  <A
href="">http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;262631
If however you are attached to an Exchange server then you can get the
Administer of the that server to allow these files.  But it's very unlikely
that they will do this unless you own the server.  So basically if you
install Outlook v10 do not install any of the service packs, or you will
not be able to access certain files.  The list of files is in the web
link.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Paul.

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Harvey Pearce
  [mailto:Hhp@xxxxxxx] Sent: September 9, 2003 11:13To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker] US stocks
  database using Yahoo free quotes

  <SPAN
  >Thanks Tomasz, but this is Microsoft
  Outlook 2002 v.10, not Outlook Express (the similar names do cause
  confusion).  Can&#8217;t find any similar option to over-ride the blocking of
  (some) attachments.  I may have to make a change.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >HHP
  <SPAN
  >====================
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  Message-----From: Tomasz
  Janeczko [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx] <SPAN
  >Sent: September 9, 2003 1:05
  AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
  >Subject: Re: [amibroker] US stocks
  database using Yahoo free quotes
  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=3>

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>Hello,

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=3>

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>THis is true for Outlook 6.01, but there
  is easy way to turn it off temporarily.

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=3>

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=3>The newest version of OE (6.01) by
  default disables saving of .DLL files,   to re-enable go to
  Tools->Options menu, 'Security' tab and UNMARK   'Don't allow
  to open or save attachments ...' option.

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=3>

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=3>Hope this helps.

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=3>

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=3>Best regards,Tomasz
  Janeczkoamibroker.com
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    <SPAN

    <FONT
    face=Arial size=2><SPAN
    >From:<FONT
    face=Arial size=2> <A
    title=Hhp@xxxxxxx href="">Harvey Pearce

    <FONT face=Arial
    size=2><SPAN
    >To:<FONT
    face=Arial size=2> <A
    title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    <FONT face=Arial
    size=2><SPAN
    >Sent:<FONT
    face=Arial size=2>
    Tuesday, September 09, 2003 12:10 AM

    <FONT face=Arial
    size=2><SPAN
    >Subject:<FONT
    face=Arial size=2> RE:
    [amibroker] US stocks database using Yahoo free
    quotes

    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3>
    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    color=black size=3>M/S Outlook
    blocks some attachments based on 39 different file extensions, two of which
    are .js (Jscript file) and .jse (Jscript encoded script file), and AFAIK
    doesn&#8217;t give the user the option of recovering them.  Consequently
    Chuck&#8217;s attachment CleanupAll.js is unavailable to me.  Those posting
    attachments might wish to bear this in mind.
    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3>
    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    color=black size=3><SPAN
    >HHP
    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    color=black size=3><SPAN
    >====================
    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3>
    <SPAN
    Message-----From: Chuck
    Rademacher [mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx] <SPAN
    >Sent: September 8, 2003 2:48
    AMTo:
    amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
    >Subject: RE: [amibroker] US stocks
    database using Yahoo free quotes
    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3>

    <FONT face=Arial color=blue
    size=2><SPAN
    >Yuki...

    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3>

    <FONT face=Arial color=blue
    size=2>I'm
    attaching a script that I run that deletes all tickers with no data from
    your database.  It will, therefore, delete them from all watchlists,
    groups, etc.

    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3>

    <FONT face=Arial color=blue
    size=2>It
    will only prompt you at the end.

    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3>

    <FONT face=Arial color=blue
    size=2>You
    may wish to back things up first in case it doesn't quite do what you want
    it to.

    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3>

    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3>
    <BLOCKQUOTE

      <P class=MsoNormal
      face="Times New Roman" size=2>-----Original
      Message-----From: Yuki
      Taga [mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]<SPAN
      >Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 5:37
      AMTo: Tomasz
      JaneczkoSubject: Re:
      [amibroker] US stocks database using Yahoo free
      quotes
      <FONT face="Courier New"
      size=2>Hi Tomasz,<FONT
      face="Courier New" size=2><SPAN
      ><FONT
      face="Courier New">Monday, September 8, 2003, 6:08:47 PM, you
      wrote:TJ> Data Purify
      will detect empty symbols, now you can add them
      toTJ> watch list and
      delete using Symbol->Organize assignments.<FONT
      face="Courier New">I there a way to get Data Purify to move empty symbols
      automatically?It seems I
      have to select each one, and there are hundreds
      upon<FONT
      face="Courier New">hundreds.<FONT
      face="Courier New">Yuki<FONT
      face="Courier New" size=2>Send BUG REPORTS
      to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face="Courier New"
      size=2><SPAN
      ><FONT
      face="Courier New">Send SUGGESTIONS to
      suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
      face="Courier New">-----------------------------------------<FONT
      face="Courier New">Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
      amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
      page: <A
      href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)<FONT
      face="Courier New">--------------------------------------------<FONT
      face="Courier New">Check group FAQ at: <A
      <SPAN
      >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A
      href="">Yahoo! Terms of
      Service.
    <P class=MsoNormal

    bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
    ><FONT
    face="Courier New">Send SUGGESTIONS to
    suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
    face="Courier New">-----------------------------------------<FONT
    face="Courier New">Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
    amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
    page: <A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)<FONT
    face="Courier New">--------------------------------------------<FONT
    face="Courier New">Check group FAQ at: <A
    <SPAN
    >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A
    href="">Yahoo! Terms of
    Service.
    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3>
    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3><FONT
    face="Courier New" size=2>Send BUG REPORTS to
    bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
    ><FONT
    face="Courier New">Send SUGGESTIONS to
    suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
    face="Courier New">-----------------------------------------<FONT
    face="Courier New">Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
    amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
    page: <A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)<FONT
    face="Courier New">--------------------------------------------<FONT
    face="Courier New">Check group FAQ at: <A
    <SPAN
    >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A
    href="">Yahoo! Terms of
    Service.
  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=3><SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Courier New" size=2>Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Courier New">Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Courier New">-----------------------------------------<FONT
  face="Courier New">Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
  amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)<FONT
  face="Courier New">Check group FAQ at: <A
  Your
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of
  Service.
  Send