  >From:
  CS
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 2:45
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] OT: Dang
  Upgrades...
  Dear Tech Support,Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend
  7.0 to Wife 1.0 and noticed that thenew program began unexpected child
  processing that took up a lot of newspace and valuable resources. No
  mention of this phenomenon was included inthe product brochure.In
  addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and
  launchesduring system initialization, where it monitors all other system
  activity.Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Drunken Boys Night 2.5 and
  SaturdayFootball 5.0 no longer run, crashing the system whenever
  selected.I cannot seem to keep wife 1.0 in the background while
  attempting to runsome of my other favorite applications. I am thinking
  about going back toGirlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall does not work on this
  program.Can you please help me?Signed:A Troubled
  User-----Reply Separator-----Dear Troubled
  User,This is a very common problem men complain about, but is mostly
  due to aprimary misconception. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to
  Wife 1.0with the idea that Wife 1.0 is merely a UTILITIES &
  ENTERTAINMENT program.Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and designed by it's
  creator to runeverything.It is unlikely you would be able to purge
  Wife 1.0 and still convert back toGirlfriend 7.0. Hidden operating files
  within your system would causeGirlfriend 7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0 so
  nothing is gained. It is impossible touninstall, delete, or purge the
  program files from the system onceinstalled. You cannot go back to
  Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is notdesigned to do this.Some
  have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with
  moreproblems than the original system. Look in your manual under
  "Warnings-Alimony/Child support". I recommend you keep Wife 1.0 and deal
  with thesituation.I suggest installing background application
  program C:\YES DEAR to alleviatesoftware augmentation. Having installed
  Wife 1.0 myself, I might alsosuggest you read the entire section regarding
  General Partnership Faults(GPFs). You must assume all responsibility for
  faults and problems thatmight occur, regardless of their cause. The best
  course of action will be toenter the command C:\APOLOGIZE. In any case
  avoid excessive use of C:\YESDEAR because ultimately you may have to give
  the APOLOGIZE command beforethe operating system will return to normal.
  The system will run smoothly aslong as you take the blame for all the
  GPFs.Wife 1.0 is a great program, but very high-maintenance. Consider
  buyingadditional software to improve the performance of Wife 1.0. I
  recommendFlowers 3.1 and Diamonds 2K. Do not, under any circumstances
  installSecretary with Short Skirt 3.3. This is not a supported application
  for Wife1.0 and is likely to cause irreversible damage to the operating
  system.Best of Luck,Tech
  Support-CS------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
  ---------------------~-->Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP,
  Epson, Canon or LexmarkPrinter at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or
  more to the US & Canada. <A
  href="">http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<A
  href="">http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->Send
  BUG REPORTS to <A
  href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  <A
  href="">suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
  href="">amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  group FAQ at: <A
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/