[amibroker] Re: To begin with

Fred,
You write strange things !
If you read #38650, you will see the procedure
a. Scan to create the "~RankY" ticker
b. Apply it to the database.
Which of these two procedures takes 50 sec for the N100 database ??
In my humble machine the scan to create "~RankY" needs less than a
second.
Then, for the application, the #38650 was written before loop era and
perhaps it is not elegant, although it was working just fine.
For this application [which has nothing to do with the ~RankY
creation] I tried to write a shorter code with the use of loops.
If you have any comments on this effort [to begin with], will be
appreciated.
You are relatively long period in this great list and you should
understand that I am not competitive to any others contributions.
Read again #38650, if you are interested to criticise, please.
Because, if you read, you will understand that the ~RankY ticker has
*only* 101 bars [equal to the population of the N100] and there is no
need for 5000 bars you wrote.
Once again, there was not the slightest intention to compete your
system, there is not the slightest ref from me about your system, for
a very simple reason : I donīt know your system.
Dimitris Tsokakis

<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>