[amibroker] Re: getting values from multiple stocks at once

Dave
Read your initial post again and sorry I did miss read it.  What you
want to do can be done with atc, at least your second question can.
I actually do exactly this ie. find top 20 ranked stocks in an
entire watchlist.  I'll post it later, sorry got to go now.  Have
you looked at Fred's Portfolio Trader?  It may in fact offer you a
TOTAL SOLUTION depending on what you want to use the Top ranked
stocks for?
Andrew

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
wrote:
> not that I know everything there is to know about atc, but I am
familiar
> with it, and I don't understand how it can be used to get the
value of a
> single field on a single date from multiple tickers at once. for
instance,
> what would I do to create an array containing today's closing
price for each
> of the NASDAQ 100 stocks? atc could create a single "index" that
was the
> average of them all, on every date, but that's not what I'm after.
>
> or I'm missing he boat and should re-re-read.
>
> alternatively, the second question I posed, how could I use atc to
find the
> 10 NASDAQ 100 stocks with the highest closing price as of today?
>
> dave
>

> > AddToComposite() function is what your looking for.  This is a
> > powerfull function useful in lots of different situations, worth
> > investing the time to read an excellent document written by
Herman