size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mmqp [mailto:mmqp@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 11:04 AMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Amibroker
StabilityI used PARAM() extensively without any
problem.--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mleonsprint"
<mleonsprint@xxxx> wrote:> RICK,> > Amibroker
reguardless of what you think is one of the best out > there, there are a
lot of us here in the group who may be able to > get your question
answered.  I was a metastock user / Tradestation > user / and lots
of other programs user.  The big difference is when > there is a
problem with the program he usually gets it resolved > quickly.
Compared to metastock, 7.2 was ok but 8.0 was a complete > roundfile
program and I would love to give examples but that is not > why I am
writing this. At anyrate Metastock took MONTHS not days to > get a
patch out and from what I am told my some of my M.S buddies is > that
the bugs are still massive...  Be patient... Currently I am > also
experiencing some issues with my intraday feed but Tomasz is on > the
ball with helping get things back working... I have extreme > faith in
this program and in the developer.  Things will get better >
just stick with it.> > > > --- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick Parsons" <RickParsons@xxxx> >
wrote:> > I am using 4.41 Beta with Windows XP, 512MB of memory.
I > know "beta" versions will have bugs.  However I have had more
> crashes and problems than I can recall in the past.  I have
emailed > TJ several times without response.  One issue I bought
up with him > weeks ago regarding problems with PARAMS is still
unanswered.> > > > Some problems I have been having:>
>   a.. PARAMS entered into several panes are not saved during
> sessions.  When I reopen Amibroker, PARAMS contain garbage and
rest > are missing.> >   b.. Amibroker sometimes
crashes when syntax errors are found in > AFL.>
>   c.. Plot statements will display a line in a pane but if I hit
> the "+" or "-" button to expand, contract data on the chart or >
change the intraday period, the line will disappear.> >
d.. Amibroker crashed when I opened Automatic Analysis and > Loaded an
AFL file.> >   e.. There are other issues, mostly
minor.> > > > I have been more than patient with these
errors.  But at this > point I am using Amibroker for real time
trading and these > crashes/problems are very disruptive to my
trading.  This program > needs to be stabilized.> >
> > TJ has been great, has developed a great program.  But I need
to > be frank and state that the stability of this program needs to be
> worked on.> > > > Thanks,> > >
> RickSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.