[amibroker] Re: An interesting Buy signal

Dimitris - The reason I have such an interest in the TD Sequential
signals is because I work for one of the large investment banks and
our head technician who I follow and talk with (who has been VERY
accurate for the last few years), has said "we now (8/27) have a
imminent TD Sequential sell signal on the S&P 500 daily charts."
This signal then needs to be confirmed on the weekly chart as well.
He is not very bullish now.

I have not kept up the last few days with the posts, but has there
been a formula added to the posts for a TD Sequential sell signal ?
Can this created formula also be used on the weekly charts as
well ?? Here is what Demark means in laymans terms for his TD
Sequential indicator if anyone wants to know :

"TD Sequential" -

The Setup part of this study is designed to identify the occurrence
of the "Nines" of the Setup phase of Sequential. It analyzes the
Nine side of Setup and plots Setup numbers above the highs or below
the lows of each Setup bar.  If a Setup fails, the numbers are
erased.  If the Setup is completed successfully, the numbers remain
on the chart.  Various inputs allow you to customize the methodology
to your own tastes. Note that according to Mr. DeMark's initial
definitions of the various aspects to the entire Sequential method,
Setup requires the occurrence of nine consecutive closes less than
(for a Buy Setup) the close four bars earlier. With the numerous
inputs available to you, the rules of the Setup phase can be adapted
as a more personalized tool suitable to your style of trading.

The Countdown part of the study identifies the bars which constitute
the "Thirteens" of the Countdown phase of Sequential. It displays
the buy side of the Countdown and prints the Countdown numbers under
the low of bars which satisfy the rules for the Countdown phase.
Countdown requires the precondition of Setup and Intersection (if
required by input parameters) to begin the count. Once Setup is
complete, the rules of Countdown require that the close must be less
than the low two bars earlier for a pending buy signal. Once a total
of 13 bars (not necessarily consecutive) that meet the Countdown
requirement occur, a buy signal is possible. This study identifies
the bars which meet the rules for the development of the Countdown
phase and prints the Countdown numbers on the chart.  During Buy
Countdown, the program is also printing the Setup numbers for both
Buy and Sell.  The Setup numbers are placed closer to the bar and
the Countdown numbers are placed  below the Setup Numbers on the
chart.

Upon completion of the nine bar Setup low, it is not uncommon to
witness a short term bottom or even a price reversal. Unless the
market is in a freefall or in a short term correction within a
strong trend, this short term price "hiccup" is just a reprieve in
the trend and the decline should resume.

Buy signals can not be generated until the successful completion of
Countdown. Optionally, Countdown can not begin until Intersection
occurs. Remember, Intersection is the final validation process
required to complete the Setup phase of Sequential. Once Setup with
Intersection has been completed and the full 13 bar count for
Countdown (which normally requires 15 to 30 bars to develop) has
evolved. then a valid buy signal can be generated.

Enjoying the flow of comments,

JMB

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS"
<TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
> Yuki,
> I suppose we speak for the posted code
>
> Plot(C,"C",colorBlack,64);Title=Name();
> for(x=5;x<20;x++)
> {
> S2=Sum(C<Ref(C,-3),x)==x;
> Buy=s2==0 AND Ref(s2,-1);
> PlotShapes((shapeHollowSmallCircle+shapePositionAbove)*s2,x);
> PlotShapes(shapeUpArrow*Buy,colorBrightGreen);
> Title=Title+WriteIf(s2,"["+WriteVal(x,1.0)+"]","");
> }
>
> The small circles are plotted over the s2 points, when the last x
> bars fulfill the condition C<Ref(C,-3).
> The colors are different for various x.
> All these small circles are warnings that a Buy signal is coming
from
> the corner.
> When your cursor is on a small circle, you may also read on the
title
> the value of x. [Tom DeMark has some technique to print the value
of
> x on the chart, I dont know how to do it, so I transfer this info
on
> the title]
> See also the desctiption of a sequential system I have already
posted
> to the list [sooner or later it will ...appear]
> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi DT,
> >
> > Saturday, August 30, 2003, 6:18:45 PM, you wrote:
> >
> > DT> You may find more details/techniques/strategies at
> > DT> http://www.tomdemark.com/indin.htm
> >
> > I am missing one bit of information about this, I think.  Prior
> > the buy signal, there are one or more small circles generated.
Each