RE: [amibroker] detecting "basket" performance in a backtest

<SPAN
class=296364914-30082003>Dave,
I know
of no way to add/subtract stocks from a watchlist via buy/sell signals in AFL.
My thought was for getting the signals you wanted based on your current baskets
performance

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Dave Merrill
[mailto:dmerrill@xxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 2:20
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
detecting "basket" performance in a backtest
<SPAN
class=280191618-29082003>hmmm, interesting idea. could you add each stock to a
watchlist procedurally after it's bought, then update the composite? I don't see
cmds to allow that. I also don't know how to do *anything* with a stock
after it got a buy signal during a backtest. is that
possible?
<SPAN
class=280191618-29082003>
<SPAN
class=280191618-29082003>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <SPAN
  class=041112215-29082003>throw them in a watchlist. You could then build a
  composite of that watchlist to track the value of the whole
  basket....

  Regards,
  Jayson <FONT
  face=Tahoma><SPAN
  class=280191618-29082003> when using
  an overall market timing signal plus some strategy to pickspecific stocks,
  someone on another list proposed that if the overallperformance of all
  stocks purchased at that time dropped by some amount (10%say), the whole
  basket should be dumped. the theory is that the overallmarket signal was
  "wrong".is there any way to backtest this kind of behavior in AB? how
  can I accessthe value of all stocks currently
  held?thanks,Dave MerrillSend BUG
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.