[amibroker] Re: detecting "basket" performance in a backtest

Lionel,

My own personal "feelings" about this is that back tests are always a
good idea and that technical tools and "feelings" don't usually mix
well as they are likely to be at odds with each other and as human
beings we are likely to use the wrong one at the wrong time.

Fred

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lionel Issen" <lissen@xxxx> wrote:
> 10% was suggested by Curtis Dahl when he published his book back
around
> 1960, and Nicholas Darvas  used 10% stops.  At that time, before the
> days of the PC, markets were much less volatile and the trader had
more
> time to make a decision. More recently some people have told me
numbers
> between 3% and 5%.
> My own feeling is that if any of your stocks are down 10% sell
them, or
> if you can't bear to give a sell order put in stop-loss orders.
>
> I don't think that you need to do a formal back test to verify this
>
> Lionel

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
05