[amibroker] Re: InteractiveBrokers and Amibroker

I used IB RT quotes through the beta IB-DDE dll, which allowed for 6
symbols, which satisfies my needs. Needless to say, it worked pretty
well!

After upgrading to AB 4.40 I seemed  to be unable to run this dll. Am
I doing anything wrong???

Thnx for your help

-- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "penny_stoxx" <pennystoxx@xxxx>
wrote:
> Thanks for your quick replies.. Unfortunately i am not a c of java
> programmer. I can write some afl but i will try to dig into it..
> Thanks again. I am  very interested in other opinions and possibly
> due date for the standard direct plugin.. It seems to me that IB is
> pretty much expanding by offering access to a lot of exchanges..
>
> ty
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ed2000nl" <empottasch@xxxx>
wrote:
> > I currently have AB linked to IB via QuoteTracker. Tomasz will
> > provide a direct plug-in in the future. The thing is that IB only
> > allows 40 RT quotes (I believe it is 40 or near 40).  So that is
> > unfortunate. If 40 are linked you need to remove a quote before
you
> > can add another one.
> >
> > About automated buy and sell orders: I know that all the Classes
in
> > Java (and I think in C as well) are available at IB to do such a
> > thing. So if you are a programmer it should be possible to link
> this
> > code to AB although I'm not sure about Java code.
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "hmab1" <hossamb@xxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > pennystoxx,
> > >
> > > Yes, you could use IB as your RT data source.  I believe there
is
> > > plug-in currently available in the Files section.  There will
> also
> > be
> > > an "official" plug-in from Tomasz that will be released in the
> > future.
> > >
> > > As for AB issuing buy/sell orders to TWS, this is possible
> through
> > > another app called NinjaTrader
> > > (http://www.ninjatrader.com/automatedtrading.htm).  In a
previous
> > > thread, I had written some really basic code to do this.
> > >
> > > The creator of NinjaTrader summarized it on the following page:
> > > http://www.ninjatrader.com/amibroker.htm.
> > >
> > > HB
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "penny_stoxx"
<pennystoxx@xxxx>