RE: [amibroker] Re: simplest way to detect a reversal of direction in an indicator

one example is the vectorvest-based "san diego wave" strategy, which
switches long when the MTI (vectorvest's proprietary Market Timing
Indicator) rises by .12, and goes short when it falls by .12. absolute level
doesn't matter, just having reversed direction by that amount. (not that I'm
saying that specifically is a great strategy or anything.)

any indicator could be interpreted this way, and I thought it'd be
interesting to see which ones turned out to be useful.

it's really easy to see these turns visually on a chart. I'm surprised that
it doesn't seem easy to determine them procedurally. I'd have thought tj or
one of the other AFL gurus would have put my feeble brain to shame with a 2
line solution by now (;-).

dave