[amibroker] Re: Optimum Parameters for Individual Stocks

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "aequalsz" <aequalsz@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > hi greg, and welcome.
> >
> > can't answer your question about doing this with AB currently, but
> I do
> > think it'd be a great idea to have a way to do this automatically.
> one
> > approach might be a flag for the Parameter function that said to
> remember
> > the current settings with this specific stock.
> >
> > one possible approach would be automatic optimization. for example,
> maybe
> > code could test for optimimum returns over the previous 6 months,
> and use
> > those parameters. is this something people have worked out how to
> do?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > dave
> >
> > > I am new to this group, so forgive me if this question has already
> > > been asked and answered. I am a long time TradeStation user that
> > > recently converted to AmiBroker for a variety of reasons, which I
> > > will not go into here. For those not familiar with TradeStation,
> you
> > > can set up chart windows for individual stocks and optimize
> trading
> > > system parameters. When you save the chart window, the optimum
> > > system parameters are saved for that specific stock.
> > >
> > > I have duplicated my TradeStation systems in AmiBroker, and I have
> > > optimized the system parameters for the stocks that I follow.
> > > However, there does not seem to be an easy way to save the optimum
> > > parameters for each stock. The only way I see to accomplish this
> > > result is to create separate AFL's with the optimum parameters for
> > > each stock that I follow. Surely, there is a more efficient way to
> > > do this. Am I missing something.
> > >
> > > Good trading,
> > > Greg
> > >

> > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
> A while back, someone presented a Visual Basic script that would read
> parameters from a user generated text file.  These parameters would
> only apply to specified stock tickers - not all stock tickers.   Not
> very convenient but it does work.
>
> Seems like such a utility could be developed directly in AB.  Just my
> 2 cents.

Sorry,

I said, "These parameters would only apply to specified stock tickers
- not all stock tickers."  What I meant was that ticker symbols that
were specified in the text file would have specified parameter values.
For other stock tickers, not found in the text file, the VB script
would yield a default value for the parameter.