RE: [amibroker] Re: adding to positions in Stocks

The
inability to add to positions in AB and MetaStock has been a frustration for a
lot of us over the years.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
After
reading some of the posts on this recent thread, I had an idea that might
help.    If it was really important to me to be able to test such
an idea, I would try creating pseudo-instruments.   For ease of
describing what I'm talking about, I'll use IBM as an example.   By
the way, this approach could be tedious for stocks, but I get the impression
that the original person raising the issue was interested in
futures.   Cotinuing with my example of IBM, I could create a new
ticker called "IBMx1" that I could use the first time that I wanted to add to a
position.   I could have another (IBMx2) for the next addition,
etc.    You could even set commissions/slippage to zero within
the AFL for such tickers.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
haven't thought it all the way through and I don't really have time to get into
it right now.   But perhaps someone else can take it from
here?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Have
fun!
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: CS
  [mailto:res1wgwl@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2003 4:17
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Re: adding to positions in Stocks
  You can increase or decrease the size of each
  position before it is initiated, but not during a trade. For anything. Not
  yet.
  You could write a dll for the capability but it
  would be difficult to keep the separate trades organized. After you decided to
  increase/decrease a position while you were in a trade, which
  contracts/equities would buy/sell first? When? In what order? According to
  what schedule?

  -CS
  <BLOCKQUOTE