RE: [amibroker] Create composite from average change

<SPAN
class=842440615-24082003>Graham,
think I understand what you are after. Why would you want to sum (cum) all the
changes for each stock? If you are looking to see what the change in momentum is
perhaps a simple ROC of the close over a given period would offer you more in
your composite?
<SPAN
class=842440615-24082003>
Next
you are using the foreign call for ~index to view the composite data versus an
individual stock, is  this correct? Are you trying to overlay ~index
onto your stock price chart? Are you using styleownscale for your ~index
plot?
<SPAN
class=842440615-24082003>
<SPAN
class=842440615-24082003>Perhaps I am not understanding your challenge. As they
say a picture is worth a thousand words......

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Graham
[mailto:gkavanagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2003 9:32
AMTo: AB yahoo groupSubject: [amibroker] Create composite
from average changeI am wanting to create a composite
of a group of tickers by adding thechange of the price day to dayI have
tried it the simple way of just Addtocomposite(c-ref(c,-1), "~index",
"C");etc for OHLCAddtocomposite(1, "~index", "I");Then to create
the chart by just using Foreign function then Cum(C)But I found the
resulting chart changed too much when I viewed it from eachstock on the list
due to, I guess, the starting point varying according tothe base ticker I am
viewing fromWhat I think I need to do is create a composite, then read
in the valuesfrom this composite to create a second composite which has
definite arraysthat require no further modification to plotBut I am not
certain how to do this in a single scanA simplified procedure below, but I
am not sure how to get it to workAddtocomposite(c-ref(c,-1), "~base",
"C");-? - what can I do here ?newC = Foreign("~base","c")myC =
cum(newC)Addtocomposite(myC,"~index","C") etcAny suggestions
appreciated, or reference to another post made, as I cannotfind what I am
looking forI have simplified the formulae above as too lazy to fully type
outeverything in the brackets or check if correct, it is the procedure I
amneeding.Cheers,Graham<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustraliaSend
group FAQ at: <A