[amibroker] Re: How to count the number "1"

Greetings:

Excuse me for reopening this thread but I am curious about something.

In the statement

   newhigh=H>Ref(HHV(C,250),-1)+Close < 20 AND Volume > 200000;

what is the objective of the code "H>Ref(HHV(C,250),-1)"?  Isn't
this equivalent to "H>Ref(H,-1)"?

What am I missing?

TIA.

> Dominick,
>
> Its all because you have stated your question unclear at the first
place.
> You should ask
> "how do I count how many **symbols** in database/watchlist
> are matching my custom condition"
>
> You have asked "how to count the number of '1' in the array which
is returned from cross function'.

> My aswer was 100% correct to YOUR ORIGINAL question.
> The array returned by CROSS function represents crosses in SINGLE
symbol.

> Than you changed your question
> "If I have a result column with 1 + 0's. I would like to total the
ones
> in the result column"
> without saying what your 'column' really represents.
> (the exploration column can hold one or MANY entires per ONE or
MANY symbols).

> After second answer you have finally provided your exploration code
> that you were thinking of. If you did at the first place or stated
> your question correctly you would get correct answer to your real
problem
> at the first place.
>
> As to your "  I wonder how big of a program nightmare it would be
to be able to  perform a count using the column' name?"

<ajf1111@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > dom,
> > >
> > > You could try this:
> > >
> > > load into AA window....and Run **Scan** First, this sets up
your
> > > AddtoComposite ticker....Then run explore....you should see the
> > count of how
> > > many tickers in your watchlist meet the NewHigh Criteria....
> > >
> > > newhigh=H>Ref(HHV(C,250),-1) AND Close < 20 AND Volume >
200000;

> > > Buy=0;
> > >
> > > AddToComposite(NEWHIGH,"~NEWhIGH","X");
> > >
> > > Filter=newhigh > 0;
> > >
> > > AddColumn(ValueWhen(newhigh,C),"Close");
> > >
> > > AddColumn(Foreign("~NEWhIGH","X"),"NEWhIGHS",1);
> > >
> > > Anthony
> > >

> > > ---
8/18/2003