Re: [amibroker] loading all quotes, more than bars set in prefs

Hello,

> > Number of bars to load is settable in
> > File->Database Settings
> > (NOT in preferences!)
>
> right, that's where I'm going to see and change these settings, sorry. but
> we are talking about the same setting.

OK, but there is only one "PREFERENCES" window in AMiBroker.
It is accessible via Tools->Preferences menu.

The window that I and (as you explained) you were talking about is
called "Database Settings".
Using exact terminology is very useful when you want to receive
correct answer to your question / problem.

> > AmiBroker does NOT load data for symbols that you are NOT looking at.
> > It loads only the data for symbols that are being displayed
> > (scanned/backtested/etc)
> > so you should not worry about loading data that are not used.
>
> understood, and not worry about it is exactly what I'll do.
>
> but just to be clear, I was wondering simply if there was a way to load all
> data there is in the database, for just the one symbol I'm looking at when I
> choose the cmd, without changing settings that effect other symbols. so, for
> instance, I could use all available data to work on a timing idea that keys
> off one index, but still have most stocks I look at in that session load
> only the standard 1000 or 2000 bars, whatever my normal setting is. make
> sense? I guess it's me being a programmer myself, trying to make things
> easier on the system when I can. but you know what they say in
> Programmerville, "premature optimization is the root of all evil".

Yes I understand but there is no other way to do than going to
File->Database Settings and increasing "number of bars to load"
looking at the chart and going back and decreasing.
(This works so for QP2 but not for all databases, especially this does not
work so for real-time data sources).

There are currently no plans to change this behaviour because of the fact
that it would cause problems with existing real-time plugins.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com