RE: [amibroker] Re: AFL for beginners

Hello,A few thoughts...This
site IS part of the learning process and is operated by AmiBroker (Tomasz) who
has over the years given 1000's of examples and answered 1000's more questions
on most subjects. The generous members who are answering questions would have
received SOME of their knowledge from Tomasz and in turn are passing it on to
others.The format of this forum  does presents a challenge in locating
answers but it is certainly possible if you do a little research and invest some
time/effort in finding ways to index unstructured data.Obviously having a
goal helps the learning process and will give you direction and drive to learn
quicker and deeper, when you have something you need to do you will find a way
if it's at all possible.It's very time consuming, labour intensive and
expensive to keep a comprehensive and detailed software manual current. When the
software is constantly changing its even more expensive, I guess this
expense  would have to be passed on to the users. Would users be willing to
pay upgrade fees for developing a highly detailed, rich in examples and always
current manual? Some might say yes, others NO.There are of course hills and
mountains to climb when learning ANYTHING new, very little in this world is
presented all laid out in highly polished form (unless you pay LOTS for it, and
still...). From my experience, as long as you have clearly defined goals to
reach you will have the drive to find the way there in a short time. As time
goes on this will become shorter and shorter.I would say the biggest
help for me in the beginning (besides having clearly defined goals) was finding
a method to index every single word on this site thus giving me the ability to
search on anything with instant, accurate and current results. I use <A
href="">ISYS text retrieval , there may be other
software out there which is not as expensive, again this is part of the
research.Regards,William Peters<A
href="">www.amitools.com
-----Original Message-----From: dom1_1998 [<A
href="">mailto:Dom2000@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent:
August 14, 2003 4:52 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Re: AFL for beginnersHi Harvey:I understand what you're
saying and of course you stated the correctlearing method.You can
organize the Russian language too, but if you don't understandwhat it means
it not going to you much good.I find the explanations difficult to grasp
plus there's not enoughexamples to bring it across.It makes it a lot
harder to climb the mountain.  I would've been gonea long time ago but
due to the generous and helpful people on thissite I
persist.Regards,Dominick------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Buy Ink Cartridges or
Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or LexmarkPrinter at Myinks.com. Free
s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<A
href=""
target=_blank>http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->Send
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check
group FAQ at: <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYour
use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A href=""
target=_blank>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/