[amibroker] Re: How does Date() return the date ?

Tomasz,

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.  Now I have a better
handle on this issue.

And I can easily live with this.  In fact it will be quite useful.

Just thinking aloud ===> It looks like if I were create a security
with (hypothetical) future values going upto December 31, 2020 and
keep that as 'selected', then I can safely put computed values
in 'real' securities ... and still I can maintain the date of these
not to have to forced as old dates.  (This referrs to my question in
the post http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/45946 )

Regards,
- Salil V Gangal

> Salil,
>
> Synchronization works always. It is actually very easy to check it
> for yourself.
>
> Synchronization works on DATE / TIME BASIS.
>
> So date time of foreign ticker ALWAYS matches currently selected
> symbol.
>
> I don't know how this can be explained clearer.
>
> As for your example:
> Re-read
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=FOREIGN
>

> The last parameter - fixup - with the default value of 1 - causes
filling the holes in the data with previous values (behaviour
> introduced in 3.90.3), if fixup is 0 - the holes are not fixed (the
old, pre-3.90.3 behaviour)

> Lets assume that current symbol has data from August 1 to August 15
> while foreigned only from August 1 to August 5.
>
> So if fixup is 1 then Foreigned symbol data will be filled up with
last available data

> So
> August 1 will REMAIN August 1
> August 2 will REMAIN August 2
> August 3 will REMAIN August 3
> August 4 will REMAIN August 4
>
> August 5 will REMAIN August 5
> August 6 is missing in foreigned data so it will hold 'last
available data' that is from August 5

<amibroker@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Salil,
> > >
> > > If you read the documentation on FOREIGN
> > > http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=FOREIGN
> > >
> > > you would learn that FOREIGN function SYNCHRONIZES all bars /
dates.

> > > The date of each bar is always given by DateNum() and Foreign
> > symbols
> > > always match current security.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Tomasz Janeczko