From: Arthur Sawilejskij [mailto:arthur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, 12 August 2003 8:27 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: [amibroker] AB and quotetracker

This is crazy - and frustrating as hell.

I've got all that - I'm sure of it!

But I'm still only getting the first stock on my EOD  being updated from QT
- the rest of the stock are not getting updated.

The intraday AB that I also have loaded is working fine.

Arthur

 >I'm new to AB, and relatively new to QuoteTracker (QT) and I have QT
feeding  >AB EOD updates during the day with no problems (now).  >  >Tomasz
helped me understand that the single most important thing to remember  >is
to have my database set back to local (not to QT) when I ASCII update
>after hours and visa-versa AND it must be set to a timebase of EOD,  >
>Excuse me if I am posting the obvious but here goes:  >
 >1) only symbols that are being fetched by QT (ie, in an open, active
 >portfolio) will be fed back to AB.   I have QT updating ~370 symbols every
3
 >or 4 minutes without a problem; my "focus" symbols get updated every
10sec.  >If I find another stock I want to track that's not in QT I add it
to a  >protfolio in QT (during the day) and it a few seconds it's updated in
AB.  >
 >2) (my) QT is setup to use the default ASX hours timing of my quote source
 >(Sanfords) and it feeds quotes to AB from 0950-1635 M-F (these are the
hours  >that the QT status shows the AUTO button as green, not AUTO(i)
yellow).  >[actually I'm not 100% sure on what QT feeds back outside hours
because I  >have it turned off, ie, the AB database is set to local]  >
 >3) QT must have the US East Coast - Local time (AEST for me) difference
>specified in its preferences (for me this is +14 hours); AB will read this
>setting from QT as soon as it starts to get quotes from QT (you can check
>this in AB's database settings under the "conifgure" button (I think) - you
>should see it has been set to 14 in there also).  >
 >4) AB and QT MUST be running on the same PC (won't work across a network)
>and you must either be clicking the minimum qty of ads or have a
registered QT.

 >Michael, QT did have a few time related problems a couple of months ago
>where it was stopping quotes at 2pm (AEST).  This bug has been fixed in
>recent (beta) updates. FWIW I use the betas without any problems (because I
>wait at least one exchange day for "others" to test the new betas before I
>update - on very rare occasions the new betas do have bugs that can be
>annoying but such bugs are rarely a major problem).  >  >Enough for now; I
hope I've been of some help.  >  >Cheers  >PeterJ  >

Market Closed.  >>Next day it seems ok...........  >>  >>Fiddling with the
Time offsets doesn't seem to do what you would expect.  >>  >>Either Im Just
Stupid (Highly Likely) or QT's Timeing for NON-US exchanges  >>is retarded.
>>  >>KR  >>Michael.  >>  >>  >>At 11:12 AM 11/08/2003 +1000, you wrote:  >>
>>>I run amibroker in intraday mode using quotetracker and it works fine.
>>>  >>>I also have an EOD database that I update from Yahoo each day - but
reading  >>>the docs - if I point the EOD database to QT as the source - it
should  >>>update the EOD data in almost real time.  >>>  >>>I changed the
default settings for the EOD database from local storage to  >>>QT pluggin -
and got the message that it has connected - but ONLY the first  >>>stock got
updated with todays (I'm in Australia) quote - the rest of the  >>>stock
have no new data for today.  >>>  >>>As I type this - the EOD for the first
stock just got updated again - but  >>>still no current day data on the
other stock.  >>>  >>>Does anyone have any idea of what the problem is?  >>>
 >Sent by OnBoards: a bulletin board browser
 >Free at http://www.automatedenterprises.com
 >

 >Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 >Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer
at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511