Re: [amibroker] Does number of DLLs affect AmiBroker's performance ?

Salil,

Well it certainly affects AmiBroker load and exit times.
The more DLLs there are the slower start up because DLL must
be loaded. Things become worse as most of developers
do not care about setting appropriate "base" for the DLL
(via BASE switch in the linker).

The DLLs delivered with AmiBroker have distinct base load
addresses and there is no conflict.

On the other hand all 3rd party plugins I have seen do not set
base to value other than 0x10000000 (the default).

This causes that Windows have to re-base 3rd party DLLs during loading
because of conflicting addresses. Rebasing is automatic
but it takes additional milliseconds.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0500/hood/

Some slow down may be added if you have lots of plugins
adding lots of new functions - functions get added to symbol map
and the larger map is then symbol lookup is slower.
This however should be non-issue because lookups in hashtable
based maps are very quick and take a lot less than real processing
of data.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com