[amibroker] Re: Trendlines

Thanks Tomasz.

My goal is to use multiple lines for explorations and backtesting so
let me run this code by you. Maybe there is something very simple
that I'm doing wrong. I have a chart on which I've placed three sets
of up and down trendlines that I manually
labelled "U1", "U2", "U3", "D1", "D2", and "D3". I'm trying to write
a simple trendline break system that uses all three lines. I'd like
to use as many as 9 different lines, but let's start here.

Here's the AFL code that I programmed:

//-------------------------------------------
//---------------Start Code------------------
//-------------------------------------------
// Trendline trading study
//-------------------------
// Initialize Buy & Sell
Buy=0;
Sell=0;
for( i = 1; i < 2; i++ )
{
LinUp=Study("U"+i,1045);
LinDn=Study("D"+i,1045);
// Make Buy & Sell equal the sum of all the trades from
// the individual TL signals
Buy = Cross( Close, LinDn) + Buy;
Sell = Cross( LinUp, Close) + Sell;
}

Short=0;
Cover=0;
//-------------------------------------------
//-----------------End Code------------------
//-------------------------------------------

This code also only uses the first set of trendlines that I drew.
Can anyone help me get this to work on several trendlines?

Its my intention to get it to work so that I can use trendlines to
extract certain data using the Explore routine.

-ace

> Hello,
>
> If you have multiple lines with the SAME identifier on single
chart pane
> only FIRST will be used by Study.
>
> You should use different studyID's for multiple lines.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Low on Ink? Get 80% off inkjet cartridges & Free Shipping at 77Colors.com.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon, Compaq and more!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5981
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DmnqpB/IyhGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM