[amibroker] Help with ActiveX component

I'm trying to access the Amibroker object collection from a VB
activex function.  Please ignore what the function is doing - I'm
just trying to get the basic function-calling correct.

The function in VB reads:

Public Function StockFN() As Variant

    Dim Ticker As String, oAB As Object, oStocks As Object, oStk As
Object

    Set oAB = CreateObject("Broker.Application")

    Ticker = oAB.ActiveDocument.Name

    Set oStocks = oAB.Stocks

    Set oStk = oStocks.Item(Ticker)                      '!!Error line

    StockFN = oStk.Fullname

End Function

I call it in a guru commentary with the following code:
myAB = CreateObject("MyAB.Common");
myAB.StockFN();

This gives an 'Object variable not set error' in VB.  However, I know
that the Ticker variable is correctly loaded and if I replace Ticker
for a hardcoded ticker value in the error line above, the function
returns a value albeit obviously for the hardcoded ticker value.
Would much appreciate a pointer on what I'm doing wring as I'm
getting no where!

Many thanks

Andy.

Low on Ink? Get 80% off inkjet cartridges & Free Shipping at 77Colors.com.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon, Compaq and more!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5981
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DmnqpB/IyhGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM