RE: [amibroker] Accessing RT Quotes

It
might help if you post the routine (or the relevant part) as to how you do it.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Do you
close the object after you retrieve the quote?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dingo
  [mailto:dingo@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 12:58
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Accessing RT Quotes
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Gordon,
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  use the following to get quotes - extremely fast.  As to how to be
  certain you've got the latest - maybe check the time?
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>lngQteCount = _
  AB.stocks(CStr(strTicker)).quotations.Retrieve(-1, varDate,
  _
  varOpen, varHigh, varLow, varClose, varVolume, varOpenInt)
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Lemme know if you find out anything.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>d

    <FONT
    face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Gordon
    [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, August 06,
    2003 12:11 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
    [amibroker] Accessing RT QuotesI got AB configured
    for use with eSignal, and yes, AB manages the number of active symbols
    so that you can stay within your limit. Very cool. I've written a
    routine to loop through a list of 1,000+ symbols looking for pre-market
    gaps. I load each stock using the stocks collection, and then access the
    last quote in the quotations collection. Easy enough.What I am
    not sure of -- does AB refresh the quotations collection when you load
    the stock? Just to be safe, I've been opening the stock in AB and
    waiting app. 2.5 seconds to allow AB to contact eSignal and refresh that
    stock. However, I've run into problems -- after looping successfully
    through a number of stocks, I suddenly got an error indicating the an
    object was not set. The AB screen had also been modified -- the moveable
    toolbars were rearranged and the MACD window had been closed. So, this
    does not look like a good approach.The only method I see to
    apparently update the quotes is refreshall() -- is there a way to load a
    single stock, and be sure you have the latest RT quote for that stock
    without opening it in AB programatically? Any insights appreciated!
    Thanks,GordonSend BUG
    REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
    <A
    group FAQ at: <A