  >From:
  mrdavis9

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibrokeryahoogroups
  Cc: <A title=framebyframe@xxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">jeff davis ; <A
  title=dcogburn@xxxxxxxxxxxx href="">dave
  cogburn
  Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 1:29
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Zig is
  decieving?

  Is there anyway to do visual historical
  backtesting of zig in a way such that the zig code knows nothing at all about
  future events.
  I obviously do not know how AFL works with zig.
   When I run a scan on all stocks, n last days, n=1, then it is only
  possible for zig to tell me what he knows based on the available
  historical data plus the EOD data that I just downloaded after the
  markets closed on the very day that I am running the scan.   Now
  later, when I scroll the screen back, various past dates will be showing on
  the extreme right side of the chart, along with various
  indicator values that were computed using  the historical data
  stored on my hard drive.    Apparently, these
  historical zig angles that I am seeing when I look at  day 100
  of the year are not the same zig angles that would have
  been computed on day 100 of the year if a scan had been run on
  day 100 of the year.  Why not?  Isn't AFL  looking at only the
  data that was available up to and including day 100 of the year.  In
  other words, if I scroll back to day 1 of the year, and then scroll
  foreword one day at time, why is this not  the very same
  accumulation of data that was stored on my hard drive when I downloaded the
  EOD data when I got home from work on day 100.  Why does zig want to
  cheat and look at the the data from day 100+ as I scroll
  foreword from day 1 of the year.  If zig is cheating under these
  conditions, then what is to stop EMA and RSI from also
  cheating.    What you now appear to be a implying about zig
  reminds me of how I felt when I was informed  that Santa Clause does
  not exist.   I have never forgiven my older brother for that
  revelation.   My nontech mind can't fathom why zig would tell a
  different story when told to go back and look at the exact same data a second
  time.  All revelations in layman's language will be
  appreciated.   Ron D