RE: [amibroker] Reaserch quality historical data source

tried their data last week and found some shortcomings.   These
shortcomings, of course, may not affect you.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>1.  They say "1970", but many stocks don't have data prior to 1990
even though they were trading.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>2.  They don't have de-listed stocks.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>3.  They don't have the ability to give you actual as well as
split-adjusted data.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
would suggest that you look at Reuter's Datalink and CSI
UnfairAdvantage.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Reuter's does not have de-listed stocks, but their data goes back further
than CSI (1980).   CSI, of course, does include de-listed
stocks.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
They
both have the ability to give you actual prices and volumes for filtering
purposes.  If you decide on Reuter's and you want access to actual data,
get back to me as I have a patch that will allow you to do
so.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Metasan
  [mailto:mdhuang@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 2:31
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
  Reaserch quality historical data sourceI am looking
  for high quality data source to back test my systems. This link looks
  pretty good: <A
  href="">http://www.price-data.com/eod_stocks.cfm.
  Their data seems to have unlimited number of decimals, such as 0.62387495.
  This is very important for accurate back testing. Their price $199 for all
  US stocks starting 1970 seems the best I can find. (3 CDs)Does
  anybody have experience with their data (S&C research)? Or any other
  data sources recommended? I know Yahoo Finance has histical data, but the
  downloading and converting seems complicated and their don't have data for
  inactive stocks (such as Netscape), which are of great value from a best
  testing standpoint.- M.T.Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.