RE: [amibroker] ANNOUNCEMENT - Tutorials for beginners.

Ron,

It was just my wrong choice of
words in my reply to Dominic. If you go through the whole tutorial you will
notice in step 1 that the setting (Analysis Type) for explore is
selected.

<A
href="">http://www.amitools.com/tutorials/tutorial1.htm

Regards,
William
Peters
<A
href="">www.amitools.com

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mrdavis9
[mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday July 31, 2003 6:38
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
ANNOUNCEMENT - Tutorials for beginners.
According to the AB users manual, filter can be
used only in EXPLORATIONS.  Why does the user's manual say this if it
is not true?  I once tried to use  FILTER=ma(v,50) >= 2000000; in
a SCAN  and it did not work.    This post
from William indicates that FILTER does work in SCAN mode .  Ron

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 borderColorDark=#990000 cellPadding=3 width="100%"
borderColorLight=#990000 border=1>

    filter
    Exploration only: controls which stocks/quotes are
      accepted. If "true" (or 1) is assigned to that variable for given
      stock/quote it will be displayed in the report.
      So, for example, the following formula will accept all stocks with
      closing prices greater than 50 :

        filter = close > 50;
    Automatic Analysis

<BLOCKQUOTE