[amibroker] Re: Left axis scale

Steve,
Thank you for taking the time to explain it.  Very clear; I have a
question regarding "StyleOwnScale".
1. How can you specify more than two indicators to use the
same "StyleOwnScale".
2. Does "StyleOwnScale" work like a second set of scale.  I believe
that two parameters Minimum/maximum can be specified
with "StyleOwnScale" in the Plot statement.  Do these parameters
together with "StyleOwnScale" allow us to introduce "unlimited"
number of scale system on the same plot (not that I want to do this,
just try to understand the capability).
3. Finally, all plots with "StyleLeftAxisScale" option will use the
left axis scales, correct?

Thanks again.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Yes, the first plot statement is automatically scaled correctly,
you should not use any scale argument. Then, if you want to plot
other things on the same scale as the first plot, you should not use
any scale arg in those plots either - the scale will automatically
adjust to accomodate the total range of all the plots. This method
works good to plot, say, MA over price, since the scale should be the
same.

> But it does not work well for, say, volume over price - since the
volume is so much larger than the price, it will take up most of the
pane and you will see the price get compessed to almost a straight
line at the bottom of the pane. To do this, you would want to add
StyleOwnScale to the volume plot - then it will be plotted over the
price using its own scale, and both will fill the pane and be
readable. Then if you wanted to add a 3rd independently scaled
indicator, just use StyleOwnScale again.

> But if you wanted to add 2 or more indicators, that use the same
scale as each other but different  scale from the original plot (eg -
plot Vol and MA Vol over already plotted Price and MA Price, just use
StyleLeftAxisScale for Vol and its MA - it will create a second scale
that can be used by multiple plots, like the original scale. TJ has
not yet implemented the actual numbered scale on the left, but the
plots themselves will be correct.

amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM