[amibroker] Re: Problem with Ticker Toolbar Box

Bill,

For your shortcut keys, why don't you precede them with a Ctrl or Alt
or something else.

HB

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bill Barnard" <wbarnard@xxxx>
wrote:
> I am continuing to have a small but annoying problem which
precludes my use of the Ticker toolbar (the drop down list of issues
to be selected from). I click on the toolbar box or I type F4, and
the present issue is highlighted, indicating that the box has the
focus, but as I begin to type a new symbol, if the symbol begins with
a letter that I have assigned to a shortcut key (on the Keyboard tab
of the Preferences window), the shortcut key is invoked rather than
the box showing issues beginning with the letter. For instance I have
assigned the letter "Z" to the action View | Zoom | All, and this
shortcut is very handy. However, it is impossible to get to any issue
starting with "Z" in the Ticker Toolbar box. I use many shortcut
keys, so the Ticker Toolbar box is essentially unusable for me. I use
instead the F3 Stock finder to change issues, but it is not as handy.

> I am using WinXP, Home Ed., and this problem has been present
through all versions of AB I have used, from 4.2 to the latest,
4.40.3. It also was present on my Win98se system, which I used
through ver. 4.29. I normally use Tweak UI's "X-Mouse"
with "Activation follows mouse" so that windows are activated after a
certain time of the mouse pointer being over them, and I checked that
this was not the cause of the problem, by turning it off and also
being careful to leave the pointer in the Ticker box while typing.

> This isn't a big deal, but AB is so good, that I am sure there must
be something I am missing, and I would appreciate any help.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM