[amibroker] Re: Equity(1) help.

Hi Ara,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I'm not setting this up for backtesting, I'm setting it up for a
scan so I'd like to have the Alert to buy tomorrow. If I use:

Buy = Ref(BuyCondition,-1);

...then this would give me the actual day I buy it. Not an alert to buy
tomorrow.

There dosen't seem to be a problem not getting signals to buy using:

BuyPrice = ref(O,1);

It looks like using this sets the value for the applystops for the open
when I actually buy it rather then the open of the day that the alert was
generated, this is what I was trying to do.

Cheers Glenn

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxx>
wrote:
> Glen,
>
> Your code specifies use tomorrow's price to buy today.
>
> You might be better of using:
>
> BuyPrice = Open;
> Buy         = Ref(BuyCondition,-1);
>
> This says use yestersay's price data to buy today at open.
>
> You may not see much difference but you'll have errors in duration of
> holding period and miss out on a trade if there is a signal the last day
or
> have a buy price og 0 (zero) since tomorrow price is not available.
>

> This way you use yesterday closing price calculation to buy today at
open.

Equity
> > (1)
> > > does.
> > >
> > > In a scan if I use ref(buy,-1) then the exit will be calculated as I
> would
> > > like but the buy is also delayed...no good!
> > >
> > > I have tried a few things in my scan formula but I can't get the buy
> > alert
> > > AND the sell alert correct (using the day after the buy alert for
> > > calculating it) in the Scan results.
> > >
> > > Is there any way to do this? Thanks.
> > >
> > > Cheers, Glenn

Buy No Snore & Get a Good Night's Sleep. Natural Oral Spray -- $24.95
(1 bottle, 1 month supply, with sweet almond oil, eucalyptus oil & more).
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2881&lp=h515.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2oMABA/nuYGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM