Re: [amibroker] Retrieving EOD data from eSignal

Alberto,

> Many thanks for your reply.
>
> > For december corn use : C=Z2003
> >
> > Year must be 4 digit.
> >
> > By the way: it is described in eSignal symbol guide.
>
> Please look there:
> http://www.esignalcentral.com/support/symbol/symbol_format.asp#futures
>
> They give a different notation without "=" symbol and with 1 digit for
> year....
>
> Do you have a better source of information?

eSignalCentral is not consistent with eSignal itself. The page you have quoted
is valid for eSignal RT (available via plugin in AmiBroker).
Unfortunatelly futures have different symbols in eSignalCentral historical data page.
The difference is that you have to use FOUR DIGIT year.
The '=' symbol is not that important. You can use it or you can use space instead.

> > > 2. European stocks were unavailable: I have tried BAY-FRA, BAY-XET,
> > > BAY1-SWX, BR-PR (Bayer AG stock on several bourses) and always got error
> > > report.
>
> I have tried replacing "-" with "=", but still got error... Any clue?
>
> I got the sybols from (one example):
> http://www.dbc.com/SymbolLookup/International/XET_B.htx?source=blq/dbc_tradi
> ng

International data are NOT available via free historical eSignalCentral.
They are available ONLY using eSignal RT subscription.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510